06/04/2013

Poached eggs

In my childhood home we kept chickens so I have always been used to having fresh eggs around. I still love eggs and I panic a bit when I have less than 3 eggs left in my fridge (3 eggs = a life-saving omelette when I get home late). I struggle a bit with throwing the yolks away but do it when I make omelettes or scrambled eggs. Not with poached eggs though.

Poached eggs
Fill a sauce pan with at least 2 cm of water and bring it to boil. Crack the eggs into the water and watch them carefully until the whites have set. It's important that the water is boiling when you add the eggs but make sure it doesn't boil too hard. Anyway - try a few times and you'll get the hang of it.

You can add poached eggs to pretty much anything. Here is one example:

Poached egg on green salad



No comments:

Post a Comment